Monday, April 07, 2008

Every so often you want the world to just swallow you up - last night being applicable for me. I decided to go out for dinner with M, his latest tour attachment and a couple who were friends of M, visiting from the States. There is nothing worse than being sat at a table where you are the only single person and the rest of the people sat around it spend their entire time sitting gooey eyed at each other. Excuse me whilst I go and vomit.

Yesterday was supposed to be about doing a short set at a busy bar/restaurant that books some good names - basically about getting kudos. But when the text came to say too tired, need to rest the voice etc I decided to be kind and scrap the plan. What I didn't expect was this to be an excuse so that the day could be spent out on the town touring bars etc - that's not my definition of resting. People have put a lot of time and effort into making the current tour happen, and maybe I've got it all wrong, but I believe that opportunities like this are rare and that you have to give 100% all of the time, not just when standing up on a stage. Time to make some big decisions.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?