Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year - and may it live up to expectations! We've had a fairly quiet Christmas - until tonight. The events in Pakistan meant my brother disappeared to Pakistan - just as his wife was going down with flue! They don't have much luck at Christmas - the Tsunami a few years ago cut it short very quickly. We've had my parents over and I have just about managed to get this Macbook pro to work. Two days have been spent digging out fence posts and cementing in new ones and fixing back up panels that blew down from house we rent out. I hate digging out posts so hired a pneumatic drill to do the job.

Tonight we planned a quiet night in with a rib of beef to keep us company. Then someone decided to break into next door and I decided to be the tuff guy and investigate. To cut a long story short there was a bit of tustle as we wrestled around on the ground before he ran off with me in chase. Sadly by the time the police had caught up I had lost sight of where he had gone. Hopefully nothing was stolen and the neighbours will forgive me for destroying their garden and front wall which seemed to collapse during the struggle. In hindsight, just wish I had taken a photo of him on my phone instead of trying to call the police. I gave a fairly full description but one that probably applies to several thousand. Bit tough on Helen as she had to deal with police in my absence as I shot off down the road in pursuit, and then didn't know if I was dead or alive for a while as I couldn't get the police off the phone to ring back home. My biggest concern was the beef in the oven - the police insisting I go for a drive round the area and me trying to explain that dinner was in the oven. In the end Helen got one of the police on site to go and check the food was all OK!

Tomorrow we relax.

Comments:
Quite an ordeal to see out 2007. Thankfully you seem to have emerged unscathed; hope you have a quieter New Years Day and best wishes to you & Helen for 2008.
 
Spent the morning wizzing round in police car looking for said villain who I thought I had spotted - maybe tomorrow will be quieter!
 
Woah! What an end to the year.

Glad you were ok.

Should imagine the residents of the house next door will just be incredibly glad to have you as a neighbour.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?