Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Well today is the last time for a while that I will be getting up early to commute to work.

This morning it was still pitch black outside and the sky filled with millions of stars as I set off for work. But the move back to London at the weekend means a lie-in from now on.

I have worked out that over the last few months I have probably commuted to London about 60 days, of which 10 days was spent travelling. Maybe I need to think about this for the future and have some sort of aim for this time such as learning Mandarin. At present it is a mixture of sleeping, work, blogging, surfing, and crossword and Sudoko. And a lot of standing between London and Cambride where I memorise the crossword answers and then appear brilliant as I complete it in about 5 minutes.

I will miss scenes such as this morning as the sun rises and the train whisks me through the fenlands, shrouded in frost and layers of mist, creating the perfect English country scene. And on the way home I can look forward to a glorious golden orange sun set with wild geese silhouted against it as they fly to the coast for winter.

Soon it will be the sites of Peckham and Brixton to look forward to once more as I find my way home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?