Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's that time already - Sunday morning and I'm in the office working on the next bid. Just over a week ago I blogged I was off to the BBB restaurant in Notting Hill. Was a better evening than I had expected and the planned in bed by midnight turned out to be a in bed by 4am. The BBB was OK, nothing too special and I had to concur with reviews I've read on the place - service is slow and food not hot enough. I think the pre-meal cocktail session took most people's minds off the food though. Not got a clue what I was drinking - more a case of "I'll have one of those". That said I kept pretty sober rest of the evening and took the hardcore of the group to Dover Street Wine Bar for a few hours of dancing to real disco music!

A few nice touches by our employer - we all had a vey large box of Hotel Chocolat choclates and cased bottle of champagne waiting for us at the restaurant. Chocolates have now been consumed and the champagne is on ice, waiting for some special occassion.

Tempted to pick up the phone and give Michael McD a call today as I expect he will have a sore head this morning in Chicago. Last night was a farewell party hosted by Joe and Merritt of Assassins before their departure to Los Angeles. I guess this is all part of some plan for them to be major recording stars and producers. The A&R people love them and they have re-mixed for some of America's biggest recording stars. I suggested GB invite them over to play live (we need a bit of the "Mancester" sound at GB) and do a DJ set, but I guess it's cheaper to book UK based bands who don't need to fly. I know Michael will miss them although he sems to spend a fair bit of time in LA so will not be all bad. As part of the new album launch Michael will be spending a fair bit of time in New York in August (with gaps left just incase Greenbelt should decide to invite him over)doing a residency at the Living Room. I've suggested he invite a well known Greenbelt songstress who's currently living there along as a guest - they would make a great double billing. And on that note here's another video - this time Assassins live with Tibet.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?