Wednesday, April 11, 2007

That was the week that was. A whole 11 days off work in the end. The odd email to sort early in the holiday but nothing to stop me enjoying myself. Now it's back to the 3hr commute to work - just for this week - and then the move back to London.

The last few days have been spent getting the garden ready for the summer. I had planted a load of bulbs in the garden to add some spring colour, but with other plants begining to emerge and establish it was time to dig out the bulbs. We also decided to re-arrange the front garden as well - again. This is our third attempt to get it right - this time we've removed most of existing plants and gone for something much simpler.

Yesterday I spent the morning walking along the beach at Cley - the tide was in and it was a blustery but sunny day. I discovered I could walk at the same pace a seal can swim. He decided to join me on my walk, keeping pace with me as I strolled along the beach. He had probably been out catching fish and was on his way back to Blakeney Point further along the coast where there is a seal colony. There's no shortage of good walks around the North Norfolk coast. Had I gone the opposite way I would have been in the reed marshes, home to thousands of geese in the winter, and probably a similar number of twitchers, armed with their binoculars.

Easter Sunday started with church. Never seen St Peter's in Great Walsingham so full, especially of tweed jackets. Good turn out of local farmers, accompanied by their sons wearing matching tweed! Sadly I was deemed too old to qualify for one of the Easter eggs given out so made do with hot cross buns at home warmed in the Rayburn - the perfect way to heat them. The church's new organ had arrived - sounds really good for what is an all electronic affair. The very ancient wooden pipe organ remains until a suitable home can be found. In the afternoon we went to Blakeney, via a trip along the coast, so that I could show Helen the type of powerboat I had been using the previous few days - just in case she happens to be stuck when thinking what to get me for Christmas!

We've been very fortunate with the weather whilst in Norfolk this time and it looks like the final week will continue to be good. The only thing I have so far failed to do is see my goddaughter. She's now at that age of wanting to hang out with friends from school rather than be seen with an old person like me! But we text each other and hopefully I will catch up with her before we go.

And so it's back to work. I've still got to resolve a number of issues with work over the next few weeks so life remains a bit uncertain. I believe though that whatever the outcome something positive will come from it. Of immediate interest to me now is the outcome of various deals that were close to completion prior to going on holiday. I worry when I'm not there and the momentum suddenly seems to disappear.

There is some football this week. I enjoyed watching Rio Ferdinand's own goal a dozen or so times at the weekend - hopefully our Champions League game will be a formality. The bottom of the Premiership table is far more interesting than the fight for top spot. Watford are down -told you Jude. I hope Wigan and Charlton both survive. I have close links with Wigan and Charlton is my nearest Premier league team in London - Millwall being the nearest main league team and Dulwich Hamlet the nearest football club.

Currently listening to Rachael Yamagata - Happenstance - may still be a possibility of her playing Greenbelt. She is totally amazing - just no comparison with the regular bunch of female artists who play the festival - in my opinion!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?