Thursday, March 02, 2006

Well I said I would be quiet for a while – and I was!

Work is hotting up as we get stuck into bid process. It’s going to be a long 4 months ahead.

I managed to nip out last night for my 3rd gig in 2 weeks – probably a record for me (aside from NY) in recent years. I’ve discovered I can drive to north London in about half an hour so suddenly venues I have ignored are becoming a reality again as I can still be home by 11pm. Last night it was the Garage Upstairs in Highbury. Hey Gravity! had been invited as late support replacements for Hicks Milligan-Prophecy. The performance last night from Justine and the band was on another level compared to just over a week ago. Clearly more relaxed as a band – the whole look and feel to their show was outstanding and I’ve seen some fairly good bands in my time. Majority of the crowd had never heard of them before last night but they left with Hey Gravity! engraved on their brains. Justine, sporting a new ginger red hair style played with the crowd, dive bombing into the audience whilst continuing to sing at full pelt. The front of the stage was in full dance mode, which is not an easy thing to achieve on a cold Wednesday night. Such was the intensity of the performance that it would have probably looked more at home on the main stage at Glastonbury, rather than a 200 capacity venue in north London. Next step seems to be putting out limited edition single plus several gigs here and in France. They are also in with a shout to support the Paddingtons for a one-off gig planned on the Thames. They’ve been short-listed in a competition for unsigned bands –the public to vote for eventual winners.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?